Sunday, July 17, 2011

Capping Off A Quality Week

Another seven miler today, this time at an easy pace. Hot out, but I got out the door early enough to beat the worst of it. Wasn't too bad, actually.

Today put me over 60 miles for the week, and it was full of quality mileage, not just quantity. I now officially begin a two week taper leading up to the Brookvale 50K. Feeling great and confident about the race and I'm going to go all out, but I'm really just looking forward to running in a new area and meeting new folks more than anything.

So, for next week, I'm planning on just 30-40 miles, most of it at an easy pace sans a stride workout on the track sometime mid-week. The week after that, just 15-20 miles leading up to the race.

Ran 7.2 miles @ 8:13/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 70s to lower 80s, sunny, humid.
Saucony Kinvaras, shorts.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Hello, hay? This is the barn, we're full up. Thanx.