Monday, December 13, 2010

Shorts in Mid-December

While the mid-West is enjoying a true winter, us folks in Maine are in the midst of an Indian Summer which, in my humble opinion, flat out sucks. Upper 40s with a light rain this afternoon and I comfortably ran in shorts and the windbreaker pretty much seemed too warm. Yuck.

Things will cool back down to normal (actually, below normal) temps in a few days, however we won't be getting any substancial snow with it. Ugh. My Nordic skis are begging to get used.

Anyway, back to running. It went well today, I thought I'd just do six miles and hand the reins over to my body and let it dictate the pace based on how I was feeling. Turned out to be a marathon-paced run, which felt comfortable. Rest day tomorrow, anticipate a speed workout on Wednesday.

Ran 6.0 miles @ 7:21/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 149/163
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 40s, overcast, light rain throughout.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

RunSueRun said...

Now I understand why you moved from Florida to Maine. It hit 82 here (SoCal) yesterday. Loved it!!