Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chadbourne Ridge

Awesome weather today! Took the bike out for a spin on some local trails. I had toyed with the idea of heading up to Bradbury Mountain to ride there today, but yesterday was a busy day with heading down to Boston for the day to go to the Red Sox game (they won in the 12th inning... great game!) so opted to just stay local.

I took some technical trails up Chadbourne Ridge, with a gradual overall climb throughout with the occasional dip and steeper climb. Good fun, but I was pretty tired by the time I got to the top. I opted to take some roads for part of the way back, and it was fun flying down the ridge at close to 30 mph (fast for me). Met back up with the trails and finished the ride home. Good day.

Mountain biked 15.6 miles @ 8.9 mph/avg (29.4 mph/max, on roads).
Technical trails, some sections of dirt and paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 50s to near 70, sunny, partly cloudy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: