Sunday, November 02, 2008

No Country for Cold Men

Though I doubt I'll be like this in late winter, I was itching to get out early and take advantage of the colder weather. Had a great run and really enjoyed having the roads all to myself.

I noticed a pretty big bog was nearly totally covered with a thin sheet of ice. Also saw a gaggle of turkeys near a stream. Pretty cool.

Was very pleased with the heart rate for this route at this point in the recovery. Qualitatively, I also felt great and energetic so everything appears to be going well. A good end to the week.

Ran 8.6 miles @ 8:03/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 147/159
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 20s to lower 30s, sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves (off and on).


6 comments:

Garry said...

Nice to see how well your recovery is going. The cool weather is nice this time of year and really makes you feel like you have a little more jump.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Yes, a most beautiful autumn day today!

Recovery looks very good for you.

Glad you didn't get tagged yesterday. Just remember, don't wear a brown shirt with white gloves. I got dizzy following your route yeserday.

Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Nice run this morning. No turkeys(just the non-feathered upright ones)up this way. I'm glad that your running and recovery are going well. We certainly do live in a beautiful part of the country.

mindy said...

Love this time of year. Glad to hear you got in a nice Sunday run!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Oh, I forgot, nice new header!

pathfinder said...

I too felt quite excited to run on a cool morning. Somthing fresh about the air I guess. Funny I crossed paths with a pile of wild turkey too....just realized I didn't write that in my blog.
They were quite peaceful until I ran up on them, then they scattered in all directions!
I heve decided I do like your new look here...the photo is Bradbury right?