Sunday, February 24, 2008

Avoiding Temptation

Intense rays of sunshine, unabated by not even the slightest trace of clouds, bounce brightly off the white snow banks as they reach the earth, seemingly magnifying the warmth of an already brilliant afternoon. I am tempted to run further, but I don't. Instead, I stick to my plan of easing back into my mileage after battling another round with a nasty cold virus. Life can be cruel.

Ran 8.6 miles @ 8:12/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 149/165
Paved and dirt roads, patches of slush.
Very hilly.
Mid to upper 30s. Sunny.
Long pants, two long sleeved shirts, short sleeved shirt, refl. vest.

4 comments:

Runner NYC said...

Keep training smart, Jamie! You're doing great work out there!! Love the cow story, too!!

mindy said...

Good idea to hold back - I think it will pay off for you. Liked your review of the movie, too, it was right on. Hoping to join you guys soon :)

Ange said...

It was a gorgeous day to run in Maine wasn't it!! I'm glad you enjoyed it too. I have been battling brochitis for a week now but also ran a glorious 8 miler today. You did the right thing by calling it quits. Resting is just as important as training. Enjoying your blog!

John O'Connor said...

Easing into it is the was to go Jamie. Play it smart so that your in top for for the WS100.