Sunday, December 30, 2007

Ending a Good Week

Got my weekly total up to an even 83 miles after today's run. Was able to do so comfortably as the pace was intentionally much slower overall for the week. I feel that I often go out too fast on my medium and long runs, so was happy to keep things in check this week.

Opted not to set the HR alarm today, as I originally planned. This route is very hilly, so I would have sounded like Sputnik for much of it.

Very beautiful day today. Mostly sunny out and relatively warm. Great day to be outside. Moderate snowfall expected tonight and tomorrow, so will either XC ski with Stephen or if the roads are too bad to meet up, will probably snowshoe out back.

Next week will be a bit more lax. I'm planning on doing a 50K Fat Ass next weekend. Would like to rest up a bit for it, so I'll lay off the mileage. I'm not planning on "racing" it... just treating it more like a training run and a chance to hang out and have fun with friends and acquaintances.

Ran 10.2 miles @ 8:35/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 143/157
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid to upper 30s, mostly sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, beanie.

Week in Review:
Monday - 10.2
Tuesday - 21.1
Wednesday - 11.4
Thursday - 0 (travel day)
Friday - 15.0
Saturday - 15.1
Sunday - 10.2

Total - 83.0 miles

6 comments:

Love2Run said...

Nice week to cap off what was a very good year as well, right? Here's to an even better and injury free 2008!

Andrew said...

That's some great mileage!

MB said...

good week especially with the winter conditions

Phil said...

This is the first time I've read the words, "Mostly sunny out and relatively warm" with the phrase "Moderate snowfall expected tonight and tomorrow" in the same sentence.

Wishing you a great 2008.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Great job on the mileage and slowing the pace on medium and long runs - difficult to do, but you will reap many rewards.

Happy New Year!

Michael Jay Dotson said...

Here I am patting myself on the back for getting in 51 miles and then I read about your week. 83 miles with a day off to boot. That's a damn solid week at any pace.

I'm such a slacker.