Sunday, January 07, 2007

If the Shoe Fits...

Ran 10.2 miles @ 7:45/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Weather: lower 40s. Sunny and breezy.

Today was the first run in my new running shoes, Asics GT-2120. They felt great from the time I tried them on at the store, and today's run confirmed that I have a pair of winners at least here in the very early onset. Normally I can tell after the first run if there are reasons the shoe isn't perfect. Can't say that about these pair.

I had intended for today to be a recovery run but it turned out to be more of a medium-pace. That's okay as tomorrow I'm doing part of my run with some friends who are just starting out, so that should help me put on the brakes.

Great day for a run. 25 degrees cooler than yesterday but still well above normal temperatures this time of year. Felt strong throughout.

Looking Ahead
I was considering doing a long run today, but opted not to do so. I cut today short to allow more gas in the tank for a 10-mile run at MP on Tuesday. I plan on doing a 7-mile MP on Friday, followed by a long run on Sunday. The other days will be general volume and recovery runs. That will also be the general plan for the rest of my time leading to the taper (4 weeks to taper, 7 weeks to marathon), a plan based on a suggestion by Andrew. I'm feeling pretty confident for a BQ (3:10:59 or less). I'm still going to have to really work my butt off in these next coming weeks though.

1 comment:

Olga said...

It's great you've got THE shoe. A very important part of running journey:)