Thursday, May 08, 2014

Trail Trot

Did the big loop in the woods out back. Legs are definitely not in "let's go!" mode. More like "Dude, this is work" mode. That latter is fine for longer runs or speed workouts, but not for easy runs like today.

That's okay though. I'm in a post-marathon heal up and chill out phase, but it's time to start entering a rebuilding phase. What I'm working towards, I don't know, but I do know I don't like not being in decent running shape. Last summer took relaxing a little too far. This summer, I aim to still not compete (because I don't want to), but would like to still be in competitive shape (because I want to). Today was a good step in that direction.

Ran 7.3 miles @ 10:06/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Mid 60s, partly cloudy.
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: